Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Stance on Marijuana

My first point on this is that, Marijuana has been widely used all over the world for the last 3000 years as medical and recreational purposes. This means that is has been legal far more, then it has been illegal and it has only been illegal for the past 70 years about. Marijuana has been in our history whether we like it or not and why is it that only now it has been made illegal. This really makes no sense to me.

Although the non-legalization of the drug is still present, something is to be said that the population outcry for still wanting the drug. Also talking about it has a "gateway drug", this is such a ridiculous notion which was marketed to be this way. How the hell is Cannabis a gateway drug? it shares no commonalities with other drugs and it is all natural. It is quite simple, anything that has to be modified in a lab, I will not touch. There are other natural drugs which am not opposed to such as mushrooms, but that's about it. Anything else I will never want to touch in my whole life, because lets be honest you never know what they put in them. 

Also I wanted to say that, yes marijuana is a drug and should be controlled such as alcohol. This is to say, I am against the selling to minors. I truly believe that Marijuana can be detrimental to the growth of a child, and would never advocate for this. There should be some strict restrictions, in regards to the selling of minors imposed which I believe could be better controlled if it was legalized .

                                                 ~Signed the anonymous Herb Smoker